Senior Finance Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact — one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly — no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed — intentionally — to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join its Global Sales Finance & Strategy team as a Senior Finance Analyst. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader who is passionate about driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
● Contribute to the planning, forecasting, and month-end close processes across the sales organization, utilizing internal financial forecast models, systems, and tools
● Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted with actionable insights
● Execute on requests from business partners, corporate FP&A, accounting, and other cross-functional teams
● Assist with partnership to the Sales Finance and business leadership to align goals
● Drive and provide support for ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses
● Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree/MBA preferred
● 4+ years of prior finance experience; management consulting, investment banking experience a plus
● Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills. Power Excel user who is comfortable with large data sets
● Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner
● Experience with and/or willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
● Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
● Deadline-driven, organized, with willingness to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact — this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.