Sourcing Manager - Corporate Services
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a skilled Sourcing Manager to join the organization. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a global, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. The Sourcing Manager will be passionate about all aspects of Purchasing with specific experience and focus on indirect sourcing categories.
This position will work cross-functionally and assist in managing the relationships of multiple supply sources, including contracting, delivery, quality, cost performance, and the overall relationship between Palo Alto Networks and the supply sources. Objectives include development of solutions to optimize the supply chain and to drive performance based on KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Cultivate relationships with the client team and key stakeholders by listening, partnering, and educating teams on Sourcing strategies to optimize the bottom line
- Developing sourcing strategies, lead contract negotiations, write scopes of work, review and process contract redlines, supplier onboarding review and advise
- Help develop and execute the Strategic Sourcing function by leading or facilitating supplier selection, Request for Proposals (RFP)s and negotiation processes to deliver agreements that include excellent long-term pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, effective remedies for non-performance, etc.
- This is a key business partner role to help drive the business forward and increased the managed spend within the assigned categories
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and avoidance, and proactively track the progress
- Overall Supplier relationship management in partnership with internal business clients
- Advisor to developing the Sourcing function by taking on some projects for the team as a whole
- Propose and drive opportunities for optimal cost savings through analysis of current spend vs. external category/commodity analysis and benchmarking
- Mentor team members. Ensure they are set up for success and can achieve and/or exceed required expectations and drive career development plans
- Partner with internal stakeholders and suppliers to establish advantageous purchasing, commercial terms, and payment requirements
- Effectively communicate Sourcing values and responsibilities, consistently interpreting the difference between what stakeholders ask for, what they actually need, what contracts/buying arrangement may already exist to serve those needs and/or provide direction as to how best competitively source what is needed
- Propose and drive opportunities for optimal cost savings through analysis of current spend and external category analysis and benchmarking
- Evaluate supplier risk; manage supplier onboarding and ongoing data management
- Consistently draw from past experience and ongoing benchmarking to optimize processes
- Minimum of 5 years within Sourcing and Procurement related activities
- Bachelor's degree is required; Finance, Supply Chain Management, or business related field
- Advanced skills in quantitative applications such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse solutions, Microsoft Excel, etc
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information from various sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Experience negotiating pricing, contracts and commercial terms
- Strong MS Office, Google Suite, Visio and presentation skills
- Engaging, fun, team-player with a can-do attitude
Our Manufacturing team has extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.