At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Resource Management Organization is responsible for assigning the right people to the right projects at the right time, across all Palo Alto Networks territories. In this role, you will support the Global Resource Manager in managing employees currently in the workplace and determining hiring needs based on the cumulative project-based needs of the business. You will also coordinate capability and workload across the entire Palo Alto Networks professional Services business, through the use of Professional Services Automation systems, data analysis, and forecasts supply and demand of skilled resources on a dynamic, daily basis.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of staffing requests and prioritizing resource requests, working with Project Managers and other team members to ensure the right staff assignments are made in right timeframes
- Identify underutilized resources and raise attention to Project Managers and PS Managers for work assignment
- Attend Resource Staffing & Interlock status meetings -- prepare and distribute materials, and capture all follow-up actions and notes
- Assist in the creation of regular and ad hoc reports
- Analyze data and develop specialized reports on resource needs, conflicts and over/under allocations to drive better business practices and increased utilization
- Review and recommend modifications to internal processes as needed for project control, operations review and Professional Services support
- Helps to maintain the Skills Matrix in the Professional Services Automation system; adding or removing skills as the business evolves
- Provides forecast reports derived from project skill demand to determine staffing and training needs for Professional Services
- Assesses skill gaps created by the addition of new products and technologies, or new types of projects
- Develop, modify and document Resource Management processes using collaboration tools
- Helps to maintain database of qualified contract companies for PS use
- Conduct research to identify alternate staffing solutions and/or, alternate processes for improvement
- Uses supply (skilled resources) and demand (Professional Services projects) reports to advise PS management on staffing decisions based on trends
- Participates in regular meetings with PS Managers globally to provide supply/demand information and discuss current and anticipated skilled resource needs
- 3-5 years in customer-facing technology services projects as Project Manager or Resource Management capacity
- Deep understanding of Project Management principles. PMP or Prince2 Practitioner certification preferred
- Understanding of technical Consulting business
- Exceptional communication, influencing and analytical skills
- Strong oral presentation, listening and influencing skills
- Proven collaboration skills
- Familiarity with forecasting processes and tools
- Ability to work outside normal local work hours is a requirement
- Experience using a Professional Services Automation tool to manage projects and resources
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to make assessment and judgment calls quickly and accurately
- Strong analytical ability
- Advanced PC literacy and Excel skills
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.