Principal Java Cloud Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks®is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Public Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud. With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io.
Keys to Success
Familiar with AWS and/or GCP/Azure and experience working on Big data computing like RDS, Redshift and open source databases like Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop and others a big plus.
- Responsible for complete software development life cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment and support.
- Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable Java code that scales and performs well for thousands of customers
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Develop solid understanding and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
- Be able to clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- Advanced level of experience building web applications in Java/J2EE.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashingetc)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s and Soap web services.
- Experience with open source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat).
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica etc)
- Hands on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.