Java Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the leader of the Public Cloud Security team, you will be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their transitional journey to the cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With our recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock™ and Evident.io, making Palo Alto Networks the new market leader.
- Execute on the software development strategy to improve our dynamic highly distributed system
- Understand and implement software development/engineering lifecycle concepts to drive features from conception to delivery
- Collaborate closely with the product management, dev-ops, and QA teams to achieve quality releases
- Work hand-in-hand with customer support, documentation, and downstream teams to enable customer success
- Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-release while maintaining performance and scalability requirements
- Be able to clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- Advance level of experience building web applications in Java/J2EE
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s and Soap web services
- Experience with open source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat)
- Experience with distributed computing (understand the implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies
- Familiar with public cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, and Azure) as well as host and container technology
- Strong Java web application development background
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.