Senior Product Manager (Networking)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch product managers to expand the team. As a networking product manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for driving our networking product strategy, including routing protocols, high availability functionality, and overall security/network device architecture. In addition to your own creativity, you will also rely on interaction with customers and partners to understand requirements and problems. You will be expected to deliver networking product functionality that matches Palo Alto Networks’ level of innovation found throughout the product. You will be involved with the networking features throughout all stages of life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities) managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities.
Other responsibilities include collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials; evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally.
- Full ownership of the networking strategy and feature set
- Feature prioritization and trade off decision making
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, product strategy, and product positioning
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for executive briefings, product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- Provide support to other departments for owned feature set
Your Experience and Skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years in product management or technical expertise in the networking space required
- Strong domain expertise in L3 and L2 protocols – OSPF, BGP, Multicast, LACP, BFD, LLDP, ECMP, VLAN, STP, EVPN, VXLAN
- Strong domain expertise in security/network device architecture
- Strong domain expertise in networking architectures – single data center, multiple data center, spine leaf, cloud architecture (private, public cloud), and virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of highly available network and redundant architectures – high availability architectures, disaster recovery strategies
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Drive to design something new, innovative, and disruptive
- Hands-on nature with very strong interest in new technology products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent people skills, team mentality
- Demonstrable track record of success
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.