Senior Manager, Internal Communications
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re looking for a senior manager to help build a central internal communications function for our fast-growing company. Part of the Global Communications team, you’ll work with leadership and across the organization to develop and implement strategies to keep Palo Alto Networks’ employees connected, engaged, and informed. This means thinking in creative ways to get information to an employee base that thinks and acts differently and disrupts constantly.
You’ll enjoy distilling the ideas and strategy of executives as much as you do working alongside employees to understand what information they need to be successful. Comfortable working with a company in agile growth, you’ll have many ideas of your own about how to grow communications channels, track down interesting stories and people, and bring company culture to life.
This is a great opportunity for a communications professional looking to create something new for an employee population that is hungry for communication and eager to engage.
- Create and implement an internal communications strategy that informs and engages employees throughout the organization
- Work with leaders to determine key messages and the right channels to deliver them; establish measurement to understand and build engagement
- Develop an editorial calendar and fill it with compelling content; track down and report out stories within the organization that connect employees to strategy
- Adapt and be agile to the needs of the environment as the company evolves
- Drive all decisions back to the centralized strategy for internal communications, keeping things clear and organized
- 5-7 years of hands-on communications, journalism, speech writing or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required)
- Experience generating and overseeing first-rate communications to tight, constantly changing deadlines
- Outstanding presentation skills with experience presenting to and consulting with an executive audience
- Strong team player and creative thinker; ability to influence without authority, build strong senior relationships to gain input and buy-in for design and implementation of changes
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Experience with multiple platforms -- intranet, events and presentations, podcasts, video -- preferred
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.