Security Researcher (Threat Intelligence)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Internet Security Research team is responsible for delivering high quality content to our products to prevent successful cyberattacks, with a special focus on Web security, network security, privacy protection, etc.
As a Security Researcher (Threat Intelligence), we are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative individual to join our team that develops, builds, and maintains various detection systems and data infrastructures to protect customers against constantly evolving threats and attacks.
- Track and research emerging threats and innovate new ways to identify malicious indicators used by malware and attacks, including domains, URLs, IP addresses, sha256, email addresses, etc.
- Design and build scalable and extensible prevention/detection systems
- Leverage data-driven approaches, such as statistical analysis, machine learning, and other advanced techniques
- Convert research results and discoveries into products, research papers, etc.
- Creative thinker and team player. Have great passion and be highly self-motivated in data-driven security research
- Expertise in DNS and DNS security
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Deep Learning, and Boosting
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Shell script, Go, or Java
- Understanding of core network protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with modern databases and big data tools,such as MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience with malware traffic analysis is a plus
- Experience with graph database (e.g. Neo4j, JanusGraph), graph-based analysis, and data visualization tools like D3.js is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields with security research experience
- PhD in Cyber Security or Machine Learning preferred
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.