SEC Reporting Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an SEC Reporting Manager to join our External Reporting team. We are looking for someone with strong accounting and SEC reporting skills, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. This position will play a key role in our external reporting and share-based compensation close processes.
- Prepare and review SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K) and XBRL
- Review financial information in earnings release materials
- Account for share-based compensation arrangements and EPS
- Review financial data to support share-based compensation and EPS disclosures
- Assist in the management of share-based compensation close and SEC reporting processes
- Review quarterly and annual requests for internal and external auditors
- Identify and implement process improvements in the areas of SEC reporting and share-based compensation accounting
- Partner with cross-functional teams on key areas of responsibility and assist with special projects, as needed
- Ensure compliance with accounting control procedures and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required
- 5~7 years of relevant experience in the high-tech industry; Big 4 public accounting experience desired
- Thorough understanding of share-based compensation accounting, general accounting close processes, and SEC reporting/earnings release process
- High degree of familiarity with Forms 10-Q and 10-K (including related SEC rules, regulations, and interpretations), FASB disclosure requirements, and XBRL
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to adapt, effectively prioritize, and execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP, Equity Edge Online, and Workiva Wdesk a plus
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.