Salesforce Software Engineer / Senior Salesforce Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Salesforce Software Engineer, you will interface directly with business users and the Enterprise Business Systems Analysts to understand and document business requirements, define solution architecture, create technical specifications/documents, design, develop and implement solutions focused on the Salesforce platform to meet business needs.
You will have an open communication style and collaborative manner and lead by example, being both customer-centric and service minded, able to interact with all levels of users (end-users/executives), analysts and technical colleagues creating consensus and clear strategy where appropriate.
We have one of the larger Salesforce implementations so there is a lot of opportunities to learn new aspects of Salesforce, to gain valuable experience, and to make an impact in a medium size and fast-growing company.
- Deliver scalable, high-quality Salesforce services in support of our company mission
- Design, develop, test, and document scalable, high-quality business solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates
- Collaborate with other team members and participate in design sessions
- Conduct unit, integration, and performance testing
- Work closely with users for user acceptance testing
- Analyze and mitigate bugs and issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Propose creative, highly innovative solutions
- Provide support in fulfilling service requests
- Support release planning and deployment
- Maintain system KPIs to track trends in usage and data integrity
- Help team ensure compliance with IT policies and procedures
- Keep up with current technology trends
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
- Salesforce Developer certification
ofall aspects of Salesforce, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Communities
- Deep understanding of scalable solutions and Salesforce best practices
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, high-quality solutions
- Experience working with third-party applications that integrate with Salesforce
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, pick up new skills quickly and prefer working in teams
- Willingness to take direction and take initiative as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of testing and release processes
- Track record of creativity, innovation, and a good sense of humor
- Preferred Salesforce Administrator certification, Salesforce Sales Cloud certification, Salesforce Service Cloud certification, Salesforce Advanced Developer certification
- Experience working in the security industry, in the high-tech industry, and/or working in a business with a channel sales model
- Experience working with Agile, SAP, CPQ, and Service Now
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or