NPI Readiness Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Represents the Support and Service organization in all aspects of new product introduction, from product concept definition through the End of Life phase, to ensure that Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) is designed into the product and prepare the Global Customer Services organization with the technical knowledge to support the products and provide services at GA.
Explores options and develop innovative support and services plans that key on product strengths and make effective use of Palo Alto Networks resources. Provide technical direction and guidance to all Customer Service functions in preparation for support and service capabilities.
- Represent Global Customer Services in multiple new product core teams
- Provide input to Global Customer Services management regarding staffing and capital equipment requirements to support new products
- Review and provide input to marketing and product requirement definitions to ensure that RAS features are included
- Review Global Customer Services operational reports to ensure that product and/or customer feedback and RAS requirements and/or impacts are clearly understood by Development and Product Marketing organizations
- Ensure Global Customer Services department readiness for all new products and features by coordinating training for all TAC Engineers, Professional Services Engineers, etc. worldwide and also by managing the development of appropriate Global Customer Services readiness documents and video content
- Coordinate the development of product support plans and the documentation review process
- Develop relationship and process to support 3rd party products, a product requiring a 3rd party partner involvement, or product requiring an outsource support plan.
- Represent customer support in various support programs as required by the organization, such as Beta trial programs
- Engage and develop End of Support plans
- Design and update support readiness information on Global Customer Services internal websites
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in a software and hardware support environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications technology, preferably field engineering or technical support, with at least 4 years’ experience in new products, related engineering, or program management role. Working knowledge of software/hardware interaction is required
- PMP preferred
- Familiarity supporting the following technologies: Cybersecurity, Switches, Routers, TCP/IP, IP addressing, Linux, Windows, Open Systems Protocols, and virtual technologies. Experience with SaaS models and Agile Software Development methods is a plus
- Analysis, Customer Service Orientation, Services Financial, and Business Acumen, Mining Data from Systems for Use in Business Analysis/Program Justification, Entrepreneurial Insight, Functional Job Knowledge, Initiative, Judgment/Decisiveness, Negotiation, Oral Presentation, Organizational Agility, Planning & Organizing, Excellent Written, Verbal, and Listening Skills
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.