Chief Strategy Officer - Asia Pacific
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are looking for a strategic-minded executive to fill this newly built role. As the Chief Strategy Officer, you will play a leading role in helping craft the future direction of our Asia Pacific Business, focusing on business strategy, and long term objectives for the region
You will report to the Theatre Vice President for
- Partner with the APAC leadership team to align on key industry corporate and operating initiatives
- Facilitate and lead teams to work multi-functionally to define market positioning strategies and identify cross-industry efficiencies and collaborations
- Identify and prioritize business opportunities using rigorous quantitative analysis integrated with financial, customer and market insights
hypothesis drivenapproach with “bottoms-up” analysis to identify and evaluate current and future business opportunities through alternative platforms, customer segmentation, competitive benchmarking, business development and industry trends
- Add personal insight, galvanizing discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic issues
- Lead industry research to inform business solutions that are grounded in market and customer insights
- Coordinate the execution of multi-functional strategic initiatives -Organize and execute activities in a productive and collaborative environment
- Work across organizations to accomplish goals
- Own recurring meeting series, workshops and other sessions with agendas, solve problems effectively and help position the team for success
- Get leadership teams consensus on strategy in order to ensure full support from the field. Ability to execute the plan is of paramount importance
- At least 15 years of professional experience, ideally a combination of blue-chip management consulting and commercial/strategy roles in a B2B business with a
design drivencomponent across international markets
- Experience identifying both organic and inorganic opportunities
- Successful in formulating acquisition strategy, screening potential targets and leading deal due diligence
- Shown ability to clearly present a detailed market understanding
totheir internal and external customers.
- Ability to not only to envision and articulate future
scenarios,but also to pick among strategic alternatives and then monitor and adjust the strategy as the future unfolds
- Strong financial and analytical capabilities with broad business insight. Deep knowledge and experience in planning strategically
- Prior experience working at the highest levels within an organization, developed to senior executive stature. Also viewed as promotable to a line operating role or broader position within the company.
- Experience winning mindshare and driving behavioral change among senior leaders
- Able to influence without authority
- Strategic Vision and Thought Leadership: A track record of uncovering opportunities and developing strategic plans for
growth orientedbusinesses. A respected, customer oriented source of critical thinking and breakthrough ideas. Relies on observations, facts, quantitative analysis, customer insights to reach thoughtful and creative decisions but able to execute quickly to match the pace of a highly competitive global enterprise
- Influencing and Teamwork: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the context of a globally dispersed company with a portfolio of specialty businesses
- Ability to balance the business unit and global geographic agendas by catalyzing dialogue, crafting thinking and gaining support that persuades others to act. Not hierarchical or political; understands the informal web of decision-making and keeps the multi-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company
- Performance Orientation: Drive ideas that generate top-line revenue growth for the company in the midst of changing global economic conditions. Will have a clear vision of key performance metrics and a committed sense of urgency and curiosity to solve problems. Leads by example, with focused and systematic process management skills, moving smoothly from identification and evaluation of ideas through practical implementation
- Excellent Communicator: Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills; is able to articulate views crisply and convincingly, craft others’ thinking, and adapt style so as to have the greatest impact on a given audience
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers to help them understand how our products can secure their environment. This is where our sales operation teams come in. Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.