Technical Product Marketing Engineer – Cloud Security and Automation
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Product Marketing Engineer on the Palo Alto Networks Marketing team, you will be responsible for creating virtual hands-on labs to demonstrate the core capabilities of various cloud security and automation products. You will be creating clear, concise, scalable live cloud environments to be used in the hands-on lab to demonstrate and explaining complex technologies and its benefits. It will be your mission to evangelize, differentiate and position our products and solutions for multiple audiences– prospects, customers and partners. You will also be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the lab services by working closely with our partners.
If you aspire to work on new products and technologies to create and deliver highly engaging hands-on lab content that delights customers, then this is the job for you. If you are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new products and ideas, be able to work independently and as a team player, then this job is for you.
- Create compelling product workshops and demonstrations to evangelize and differentiate our products, solutions and customer success tools for prospects, customers and partners
- Design, implement and maintain virtual labs using public and private cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP and others
- Be the subject matter expert in various cloud security, automation and other cloud-native products
- Manage marketing lab resources and support users to ensure execution of workshops and marketing events
- Update lab development processes and design new ones as needed
- Work cross-functionally between different product, marketing and sales teams to create and promote the adoption of the workshops
- Support events by providing lab content and operational support.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with public and private clouds ecosystem such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware and others
- 3+ years of experience with scripting, infrastructure as code and automation (Python, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation Template and etc).
- Working knowledge of container architecture, container frameworks such as Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience with cybersecurity, and how automation can help to enhance security in the cloud.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as switching, routing, firewall, VPN and etc.
- Experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Good written communication and verbal skills to develop hands-on educational content.
- Prior marketing experience to deliver technical product training to customers and partners
- Creativity to develop unique marketing virtual labs or demonstrations to engage all target audiences (customers, partners, sales and internal)
- Strong relationship management and team-building skills, flexible, attentive to detail and quality. Ability to work in a team environment. No big egos!
- Strong ability to multitask with a proven track record of of execution on initiatives/programs
- Some travel required, around 25% for events and conferences
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.