Senior Product Manager (Malware Detection and Prevention)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for world-class product managers to expand the team. As a Product Manager for Threat Prevention, at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for developing and driving products to detect and prevent command and control traffic initiated by malware from infected endpoints that match the level of innovation found throughout our product portfolio.
You will be involved with the development of cloud-delivered security services to help our customers prevent successful cyberattacks, at all stages of the product life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), feature selection and tactical activities. You will also work very closely with product managers across our broader team.
To be successful in this position you possess a combination of strong business insight and technical skills as well as to have a real passion for driving Cloud services and security while bridging customer business requirements with trends in the threat landscape. Be comfortable with frequent interaction with customers, prospects and industry analysts presenting our solution and explaining our security value while understanding and articulating their requirements. A successful track record of working closely with the Engineering and clear communication of business goals in technical terms.
- Translate customer detection and prevention needs into product strategy and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop, lead, and communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects and all internal key team members
- Drive engineering teams and deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Work with NPI, certification, professional services, support, and education team, to ensure your products get coverages by these cross-functional teams
- Drive product pricing and go-to-market decisions
- Own the product decision making for a portion of the WildFire product line serving over 30,000 enterprise customers globally, 10’s of millions of files and the 10’s of millions of URL objects they’re submitting for analysis daily
- Work with threat research and engineering to design and build capabilities previously impossible to deliver at scale in order to detect and prevent file-based malicious attacks through a multitude of different network locations and attack vectors
- Coordinate and drive roadmap prioritization and tradeoffs; working closely with customers, threat researchers, engineers, and DevOps to deliver the right capabilities at the right time to defeat the adversary
- Take these groundbreaking features to the market with teams that will help deliver:
- The most compelling stories to our customers
- Education for the field to drive hyper-growth and adoption
- Services and support that can solve the customer’s problems
- New product offerings that work and make sense
- Experience in network and/or host security with a background in malware analysis, incident response, forensics, sandboxing technology, intrusion prevention, antivirus, or related technologies
- Proven ability to identify, design, and implement technologies to solve security challenges in areas such as malware detection and analysis, intrusion prevention, malicious behavior detection, and network/host signature development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong desire to build world-class technology and take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Minimum 3 years in product management, threat research, or security engineering
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong teammate able to lead and give support to cross-functional teams
- Experience in dynamic environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.