Resident Engineer- Redmond, Washington
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will provide guidance and technical support to clients deploying our security integrations. You’ll act as the technical partner, providing strategic guidance around complex systems to secure a digital environment. Interacting directly with the client, you’ll partner closely with client personnel to guide and suggest integrations to better serve their success. Your thorough understanding of our product integrations contributes to the development of new principles and concepts – providing detailed analysis around what’s working, what’s not, and what could be better.
You enjoy implementation work, are proactive about resolving potential concerns, and operate well around strict best practices that enable our clients on their road to a more secure digital world. You’re creative, innovative, and you love a challenge – learning how integrations might work better around new products and technologies.
- Work full-time at the customer site
- Communicate with the customer(s), sales teams, peers, engineering and support teams as appropriate
- Understand the customer environment, requirements, and security roadmap to implement the appropriate security solution
- Configure, implement, and maintain Security Operating Platform
- Optimize and migrate policies and objects from the existing environment to our Next-Gen Firewall
- Test and validate the migration environment
- Provide guidance on code upgrades
- Facilitate the development of new application and threat signatures
- Collaborate with our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to understand and diagnose support cases
- Some travel may be required, dependent on customer request
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with network/security solutions and technologies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience running security solutions in large environments
- You have detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Experienced in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Deep understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- You possess the following industry certifications: CISSP, CCNA, CNSE, JNCIE-SEC
- You effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- You're an excellent writer, with strong verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers
- You work with the customers' security and network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change to Palo Alto Networks
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.