Early in Career - Associate Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Systems Engineering team is responsible for designing technical solutions to tackle the toughest security problems for our customers. System Engineers, or SEs, are highly sought engineers and software developers with a talent for taking complex technical information and communicating at the right level for many audiences. Successful SEs have a deep desire to learn the latest and greatest technology, a love of sharing knowledge with all types of people and collaborate with other SEs, engineers, partners, product managers, and many other roles.
You'll be joined by a group of recent technical college graduates for a two-year intense immersion into cybersecurity, Palo Alto Networks technologies, automation, and on-the-job learning in 2-3 Systems Engineering Teams based in our Amsterdam office. The program includes formal technical instruction with hands-on lab work, independent projects and technical study, and professional skills development. This gives you the opportunity to build a strong resume, gain hands-on learning through a growing, evolving industry, a great compensation package, and global exposure.
While you are quickly ramping on Palo Alto Networks technology you will be assigned to an SE team and will work alongside senior SEs completing automation projects and other critical work that supports customers in the presales process. In year 2 of the program, you will work with sales and channel partners on customer engagements and establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches. Upon completion of year two, you will have proven technical skills and professional skills and will be qualified to take on a field SE position in any number of cities across EMEA based on business needs. Our SEs are among the technically best-in-class in the cybersecurity industry, with a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
- Establish yourself as a trusted team member to SE leadership and colleagues and contribute to sales wins throughout the program
- Architect and propose solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each customer’s unique environment
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption of cybersecurity solutions
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or technical cybersecurity program
- Experience with systems installation, UNIX/Linux, Windows-based systems, and Google G-Suite)
- Experience with cloud networking services such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Understand and effectively present complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex problems and a systematic approach to create solutions
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- Knowledge and desire to learn of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
1. Our recruiters review your application
2. If a suitable match we will follow up and arrange pre-screening
3. Video challenge
4. Assessment Days will be arranged