Principal Engineer SQA (PanOS)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on at the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within the code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.
- Responsible for functional testing of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases
- Develop tools and infrastructure to improve the quality and efficiency of testing
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release
- Reproduce and debug issues found during and after a software release
- Develop and maintain complex test bed environments
- BS or MS in computer engineering or related technical field
- Proven professional experience in a QA position
- L3 network testing experience with knowledge of most common switching and routing protocols. Knowledge of L4-L7 network layers
- Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention
- Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods
- Experience with GNU tools and good to have experience with typical test tools from Spirent, Breaking Point, and Ixia
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira/Bugzilla and versioning systems like Perforce/git is desirable
- Experience setting up third-party networking equipment i.e. Routers and Switches
- Proficient in Python (or other similar) Scripting and/or automation
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux system set up and administration
- Experience setting test beds in a Virtualization environment is desirable
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.