Intern - EMEA University Program
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the EMEA University Program Intern you will have a unique opportunity to pave the way for the future leaders of Palo Alto Networks who join our EMEA Graduate and Intern programs. You will assist the EMEA University Program Manager and the Campus Recruitment team in building Palo Alto Networks EMEA Graduate Program and also assisting with the recruitment process. You will get firsthand experience in campus event management, the assessment process, stakeholder management, and project management.
Tasks, responsibilities and project focus will be in alignment with personal goals and ambitions, and you will have a mentor supporting you throughout your internship.
- Become instrumental in the promotion of Palo Alto Networks as an Employer of Choice at Universities
- Influence the attraction and hiring of the future leaders of Palo Alto Networks
- Assist in creating and tracking metrics to measure the success of the program.
- Assist in the planning of on-campus University events (Logistics, tracking attendance, ordering SWAG, etc.)
- Assist in the execution of the overall recruitment strategy plan for the Graduate Program ( Scheduling Assessment Days, Tracking Applicants, Scheduling interviews, etc. )
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Interest and ability to present in front of peers and management.
- Fluency in English.
- International outlook and cultural understanding.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to translate ideas into actions.
- Time management, ability to multitask, and a proactive can-do approach.
- Business understanding, including the ability to see the organizational impact of communication responsibilities.
- Undergraduate/Graduate student in The Netherlands who is majoring in HR/ Business or related disciplines.
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
The Intern program also features a combination of challenging projects with tangible impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The duration of our Internship Program is 5-6 months and provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship by industry leaders
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: To be eligible for this position you must be registered as a student for the entire duration of this internship. Start date: January-February 2020 Duration: 4-6 months with potential extension