Sourcing Manager - Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are building a world-class Source to Pay Team and looking for a top-notch Sourcing Marketing Analyst to join our growing organization. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a global, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
As the Sourcing Marketing Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting and/or leading various sourcing and procurement initiatives such as cost analysis, competitive bidding, deal negotiation, commercial contract review, and supplier management. You will be able to demonstrate experience with cost optimization activities as well as a technical understanding of marketing products including related technology, creative, media, and research services. Additionally, you will have a broad understanding of indirect spend categories within a mid to large-size publicly traded, technology company.
- Cultivate relationships within the Source to Pay Team, Global Marketing Team, and key stakeholders through active listening, collaboration skills, and the creation of naturally inclusive decision-making environments.
- Bring your engaging, hard-working, and cooperative approach to work every day. Be willing to help your team by using your strengths, flexibility, and reliability to achieve group goals.
- Demonstrate a vast knowledge and enthusiasm for all things marketing related, as well as a willingness to learn, take on new projects, and expand your commodity expertise.
- Research and stay current on marketing related technology, software licensing models, creative services, etc. as well as industry trends and performance metrics.
- Support and/or lead supplier selection processes which may include competitive bidding efforts or more formal Request for Proposal (RFP) projects.
- Negotiate advantageous purchases that may include long-term pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal terminology / contract law with the ability to draft basic contracts, negotiate commercial terms, and manage signature and approval processes.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of preferred marketing suppliers, establishing standards and supplier performance scorecards.
- Leverage and manage marketing data via internal reporting tools, external sources, and to analyze and identify future sourcing opportunities and/or present key facts and trends.
- Provide ongoing support for compliance processes related to purchasing and payment, e.g. evaluation and onboarding of new suppliers, requisition and purchase order set up, maintenance, and issue resolution, etc.
- Effectively communicate strategic sourcing/procurement values and responsibilities, and proactively anticipate and service the needs of the business and key stakeholders.
- Demonstration of critical thinking, ability to question the output of a financial model, design negotiation strategies and/or fallback positions etc.
- Evaluate existing processes and provide process improvement recommendations in line with best practices and practical experience.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of indirect procurement experience with approximately 3 years’ emphasis in marketing related services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required within Marketing, Finance, or business related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Engaging, fun, team-player with a can-do attitude.
- Advanced skills in quantitative applications such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse solutions, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information from various sources.
- Understand ERP systems (SAP preferred) and reporting tools such as Tableau and Access.
- Strong MS Office, PowerPoint, Visio, and presentation skills.
- Certifications looked upon favorably, e.g. CPA, CPSM, etc.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.