Service Account Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Service Account Manager (SAM) you will engage to personalize your customers’ experience and ensure a successful Palo Alto Networks deployment. You will develop a working partnership with a standard methodology and mitigate risk for your customers. You will effectively become a virtual part of our customers’ teams, as well as our account and support delivery teams. You will engage to align our technology with business and technical needs of our customers. You will provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered with your customers’ enterprise deployment, resulting in faster time to value.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ business challenges and objectives as well as their technical environment
- Lead overall post-sales technical relationship with named customers, and be responsible for total customer experience for those assigned accounts
- Engage with Senior Management within the Business Units in order to influence strategic, operational, and tactical direction on behalf of named customers
- Develop and maintain effective, strategic working relationships with named accounts; as well as any key partners or systems integrators involved in their designated accounts
- Throughout the customer engagement, fully document on-site visits, meetings/actions, customer interactions, and technical environment details
- Conduct onsite visits as appropriate to develop the customer relationship, build familiarity with the client environment, and help mitigate and bring issues to resolution
- Provide mission critical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with the Customer support and Engineering teams to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized
- Independently handle complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Technical Services (including partner resources where appropriate), and Engineering
- Communicate dedicatedly with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate
- Become a trusted advisor for customers on how to best use Palo Alto Networks and when to introduce appropriate services and/or partner resources
- Responsible for the identification of new business opportunities within the client company
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of our current products and their business applications
- Facilitate strategic quarterly business reviews to align business and technical goals
- Contribute towards knowledge management within our technical services, particularly with respect to customer case studies, experiences and best practice
- Drive the customer relationship forward, identifying creative ways to deliver value throughout that relationship
- Able to travel (occasionally at short notice)
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support and/or professional services within the high-tech industry preferred
- 5+ years of client facing engagement experience and/or services delivery roles
- Abe to prioritize within a demanding workload and deliver results
- Broad technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by Enterprise Accounts
- Previous account management experience required, with a demonstrable achievement of critical metrics relating to customer satisfaction and account development
- Able to manage critical issues, drive discussion and present internal and customer issues at the executive level
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain the impact in business terms
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile, or ITIL) are desired but not essential
- Demonstrated skills in escalation management and conflict resolution
- Technical experience in the Enterprise/Network Security Industry
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (NetScreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Experience with LAN, WAN technologies, and debugging broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of the Professional Services team, you enable customer success by providing the operational voice of the customer within Palo Alto Networks to support clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical support team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, you stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and cyberattacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.