Senior SQA Engineer (Network Security)
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Software QA engineer in the functional testing team, you will be responsible for testing the upcoming new features on Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall. You will participate in the requirements and design discussions and make a difference in shaping the future direction. The work will involve close interaction with development and product management teams. You will write and execute test plans based on requirements and design specs. You will maintain complex testbeds to validate the design.
You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on at the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within the code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.
● Responsible for functional testing of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall
● Develop and execute test plans and test cases
● Develop tools and infrastructure to improve the quality and efficiency of testing
● Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release
● Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release
● Develop and maintain complex testbed environments
● Career level experience in a QA position
● L3 network testing experience with knowledge of most common switching and routing protocols. Knowledge of L4-L7 network layers
● Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention
● Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods
● Experience with GNU tools and good to have experience with typical test tools from Spirent, Breaking Point, and Ixia
● Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira/Bugzilla and versioning systems like Perforce/git is desirable
● Experience setting up of third-party networking equipment i.e. Routers and Switches
● Proficient in Python (or other similar) Scripting and/or automation
● Knowledge of Windows and Linux system set up and administration
● Experience setting testbeds in a Virtualization environment is desirable
● BS or MS in computer engineering or related technical field
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.