Marketing Operations - Learning and Development Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking a Learning and Development Manager to enable us to scale to $10B in 3 years. As a leader on this global marketing team, you will be responsible for driving effectiveness and efficiency within the marketing organization through the adoption of systems and implementation of system-related programs and initiatives. Through technical expertise and communication savvy, you will champion your vision of a better future, inspire adoption, and deliver results in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed, global environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, deep knowledge of the systems and platforms, demonstrated project management skills, strong attention to detail, and an analytical mindset. They are also naturally curious, highly organized, results-oriented, passionate about operations, and thrives working in cross-functional teams. This person will need to ensure that internal teams know how to ramp up and execute critical job functions and understand how marketing operations processes work. Demonstrated success in driving significant change initiatives resulting in direct improvements on inputs and outputs from end-users in enterprise organizations is critical.
- Using a variety of inputs, perform gap analysis for performance problems, opportunities, or innovations to identify global curriculum needs for tool-based technical and behavioral soft skills. Prioritize the importance of identified gaps and recommend interventions. As a strategic partner to the business, document and present methods, findings, and recommendations to address performance gaps
- Use a structured systems approach, preferably a rapid prototyping methodology. Research content and/or collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other cross-functional stakeholders to develop globally consistent and accurate content. Develop solutions (e.g., instructor-led, virtual, e-learning, blended, etc.) that provide relevant, challenging, and productive learning experiences. Develop necessary course collateral including facilitator and student materials, presentation media, job aids, and knowledge checks
- Define, document, and maintain the scope of the project. Perform risk assessment and mitigation. Create, track, and maintain project plans. Communicate clearly inside and outside the team. Develop a trusting partnership and work closely with global and regional clients, partners, and stakeholders to ensure alignment around key priorities
- Work on strategic initiatives, collaborate with cross-functional teams and drive the deployment of new technologies as required. Develop marketing’s own LMS program in Intellum and ensure program is accurately updated and maintained
- Deliver learning material in face-to-face and virtual environments to leadership audiences and to pilot any newly designed curriculum. Run train-the-trainer programs for call center trainers. Coach and develop call center leaders to co-facilitate the delivery of learning material
- Identify criteria and methods for measuring the effectiveness of learning for each initiative. Analyze and report on results, identify areas for improvement and make adjustments to the learning program where required
- Regular engagement with the sales and marketing community to ensure high customer satisfaction, identify challenges, encourage feedback and execute on suggested solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA, preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in developing learning content for Sales and Marketing organizations
- Solid understanding of the sales process in technical organizations, including pipeline generation and the stages of the sales cycle
- Conduct capability assessment to determine the training and development needs for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with marketing subject matter experts and stakeholders on the design, development, and delivery of broad-based learning programs aimed at advancing the Marketing capabilities globally
- Identify and roll out best practices on how to scale learning programs globally to drive effective impact of the work developed.
- Develop systems/processes to measure and quantify the effectiveness and impact of the learning
- Facilitate global marketing foundation training programs and find opportunities to develop content digitally for on-demand access to content.
- Design a digital presence for Marketing Operations on the LMS and partner with key stakeholders globally to strategically assign courses that will increase engagement tools and applications
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.