Intern - IT Desktop Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
- Assist IT Support Staff with projects, hands-on duties and other IT support related responsibilities
- Follow SOP documentation and escalate issues appropriately to senior staff
- Configure new laptops to be deployed in the business
- Manage individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via the IT ticketing system
- Fluency in English a requirement, any additional languages will be considered a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, ability to multitask, and a dedicated can-do approach
- Drive and initiative to learn technical skills not taught in a classroom. Ability to learn new technologies and apply them in a business environment
- Knowledge of PC and Mac OS, basic troubleshooting and understanding of Microsoft office suite on each OS
- Strong service oriented mentality
- Computer Networking skills and knowledge a plus
- Windows Server 2012/2016 experience a plus
NOTE: To be eligible for this position you must be registered as a student for the entire duration of this internship. Flexible start date.
Are you naturally curious about how things work and how to fix them when they don’t? Do you want to get your hands on the latest technology? Do you want to have a say in the direction we go next?
Palo Alto Networks EMEA IT Support Team is looking for an intern that is ready for a career building experience at our office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Palo Alto Networks EMEA Service Desk team comprises of a highly technical staff providing IT services and managing systems and tools for the corporate employee community. In addition to providing world-class support for daily IT requests, the team engages in special technical projects driven from various groups such as HR, Information Security, Facilities and more.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.