Senior Offensive Security Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Information Security organization is seeking an Offensive Security Engineer to join our Security Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing security testing of critical assets underlying Palo Alto Networks products and services. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
● Play an adversarial role to expose flaws in applications, systems or network infrastructures
● Conduct technical debriefs with peers within the Information Security organization
● Deliver detailed reports of technical findings to stakeholders and assist with the development of mitigation plans
● Assist with security investigations, root-cause analysis, and corrective measures as required
● Stay current on exploitation and post-exploitation techniques and incorporate them into the red team arsenal
● At least 2 years’ experience in application or network penetration testing or product security roles and overall experience of 5-8 years.
● Must have the ability to conduct scoped penetration tests with or without the use of automated tools
● Experience performing network penetration testing or application security assessments
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
● Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.