Principal Application Security Engineer (InfoSec)
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Information Security organization is seeking a Principal application penetration tester to join our Security Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and execution of blackbox and whitebox penetration tests against Palo Alto Networks SAAS products and services. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
- Engage with business owners in pre-engagement activities including scope definition, environment setup and scheduling
- Conduct application layer penetration tests against SAAS applications and service APIs
- Conduct source code reviews when needed
- Prepare and deliver technical reports to business owners and InfoSec partners
- Assist, as a subject matter expert, in remediation planning and execution
- Assist with security investigations, root-cause analysis and corrective measures as required
- Occasionally plan and manage engagements to be executed by external partners when needed
- Assist in the management of application security programs like continuous scanning, bug bounty, secure development lifecycle and others
- Stay current on exploitation and post-exploitation techniques and incorporate them into the penetration testing arsenal
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in application penetration testing
- Must have the ability to conduct manual and automated assessment of applications
- Must have the ability to effectively work with remote peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Public speaking and demonstrated thought leadership in the security space
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.