Channel Sales Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking dynamic, high energy and driven channel sales people to work with our channel partners to help develop and sell to the newly created commercial customer sector. As a Channel Sales Manager, you are the central point of customer and channel sales teams building relationships, delighting customers, enabling partners and advising the market, leading a pivotal role in expanding our fastest growing customer base.
- Achieve sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis selling to defined commercial customers through certified two-tier partners
- Manage +30% growth in a commercial territory utilizing a channel to market distribution model
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Sell to new and existing customers
- Ability to analyze the need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT managers and senior decision makers within territory
- Work extensively with channel partner sales and pre-sales team to achieve common goals and sales targets
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads
- Maintain records of customers called and update Salesforce.com daily
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive position of the company
- Maximize short term revenue and long term goals
- Pre-plan account strategy with your channel partners
- Proven track record in exceeding sales quotas and targets working with channel partners
- Track record of channel sales enablement activities and territory management
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience in the IT industry and abreast of industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Passionate about your work
- Exceptional teammate
- Understands the sales cycle in conjunction with business process externally and internally e.g. sign-offs require relationships at all levels
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.