Specialist Systems Engineer - Cortex (Based in Delhi or Mumbai)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Cortex SE Specialist, you will be the expert for our Prevention and Incident and Response solutions vertical within our offering. You are the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with SE Specialists/CEs in the advanced or new technology areas).
The Cortex SE Specialist role is a technical role that must directly support sales delivery of quota. Cortex SE Specialists are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of Cortex SE Specialists in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to executive level
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value proposition
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Drive POC for our largest prospective customers successfully
- Support Technical Marketing and Palo Alto Networks channel partner with their activities to promote our solutions
- Provide feedback to Product Management and R&D regarding product enhancements reported by our customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities.
- Work with the other members of the JAPAC Cortex SE team on internal projects to improve our sales process
- Provide advanced training for internal and external SEs in your territory
- 4+ years of technical hands-on experience with Endpoint Security or SIEM/SOAR solutions or Cyber Security Analyst tools.
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer for a vendor or experience working in a Security Operations Center or working as an Incident Responder.
- Solid understanding of Security Operations Center, how they operate and their challenges
- Advanced knowledge of Incident and Response, Alert Analysis, Malware Analysis, Network Traffic Analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Threat, APT Tactics, Techniques and Procedures. Knowledge of the MITRE Att&ck Framework.
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex problems
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux, MacOs and Windows operating systems
- Experience in Firewall will be a great add-on
- Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.