Senior Software Engineer (Management Infrastructure)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a member of the software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our Next-Generation Firewall Platforms. As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in system level up, debug, and, support. This is a job for an individual who wants to solve problems that haven't already been solved - something who seeks a challenge and thrives in ambiguity. Your ambitious spirit enjoys facing undefined adversaries and the evolution of the cybersecurity.
- Actively participate and collaborate with team members to develop next-generation architecture
- Define and scope new features for firewall appliance and central management software
- Design, develop and retain control plane infrastructure and features
- Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve the best quality. Suggest and implement improvements to development processes
- Improve the scale and performance of central management software
- Development in Linux platform
- Client/Server, distributed system development experience
- Excellent C programming skills
- Experience developing cluster solutions is desirable
- Experience with Zookeeper/Kafka or other messaging systems is a plus
- Network appliance development experience is a plus
- Experience with appliance configuration management is a plus
- Experience developing for cloud is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.