EMEA Sales Operations Director
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Director of Sales Operations EMEA, partners and provides leadership to the Sales organisation to drive performance management, analytics, and growth. This includes improving operational processes and offering advice on maximizing opportunities using their deep understanding of the business.
- Lead a team of sales ops managers. Define and implement management practices that are dynamic and attractive to elite employees. Ensure on-boarding, training, and professional development plans are in place to drive high employee achievement and loyalty
- Drive annual, semi-annual sales planning including quota plan, quota optimizations, and territory splits/optimization
- Manage and report on bookings forecast using existing internal processes, methodology and automation/forecasting tools;
- Drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards
- Analytics: convert raw data into well-presented and useful business information. Assist in interpretation of analytics data as appropriate into business information business leaders can act on.
- Create reports and are system savvy so you know what data to extract and from where and can work around technical limitations
- Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level that are consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organisation; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis
- Key liaison for compensation escalations
- Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process; track quarterly metrics on average discounts, non-standard exceptions, etc., and recommend action items to improve these metrics
- Drive month-end and quarter-end close process to facilitate tracking of outstanding purchase orders, ensuring order compliance, bookings reports, etc.
- Assist Theater V.P. in all facets of Sales planning, quarterly business review meetings, forecasting, and deal structuring
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A personal brand of leadership that speaks to inspirational qualities of driving for excellence, always finding a win/win solution, being an active listener and engaging communicator.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.