Prisma Access Staff SQA Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer on our Prisma Access Cloud Service team, you will design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies. You will build, automate, and run performance testing scenarios for our products in virtualized elements. We are looking for highly technical individuals driven in their desire to get hands-on experience with a wide variety of networking technologies. You'll work closely with our development and product management teams, testing and presenting the results to identify new approaches.
You will participate in design discussions and help make a difference in developing the future direction of our software.You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on at the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.
Prisma Access™ extends the protection of our next-generation security platform. Prisma Access Cloud Service operationalizes the deployment by leveraging a cloud-based security infrastructure operated by Palo Alto Networks. It uses cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
● Design, develop and execute test automation to test software features on our next-generation security platform as part of our Prisma Access Cloud Service
● Become inventive in testing approaches by building tools and automation scripts
● Suggest and implement improvements to the test process
● File bugs and work with Development to fix issues seen
● Mix in your creative skills with a focused testing approach to produce the best quality products in cybersecurity
● Be involved in a rigorous approach to testing for specifications, assist the team with testing methods or tools for new testing
● You will also have the chance to work on different public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) to automate cloud orchestration, visualization and alerting mechanisms
● Further innovation in the organization
● M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
● Be proficient in one or more scripting/programming languages including Python or Go
● Previous exposure to Firewall, IPSec, SSL, VPN & SD-WAN
● One or more cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, GCE, Kubernetes
● Virtualization, such as ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V
● General Networking and Routing Protocols experience such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
● Knowledge of SDN (Software Defined Network)
● Knowledge of SQL or NoSQL database
● Experience working in a Linux environment
The Team Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.