Senior Security Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Come join Palo Alto Networks as part of the Security Engineering team as a Senior Information Security Engineer. You will be responsible for deploying and managing critical security services in a highly controlled environment. The position requires expert level knowledge in both networking and application services. This is a fast-paced, post-startup environment.
We are looking for someone with a broad background in enterprise services to include, Endpoint Management, Identity Management, Authentication and Access Control services, Data Protections techniques, Web services, and Data Management/Logging architectures.
If you are conversant in layer 2 through layer 7 protocols and technologies across a range of hardware/infrastructure, including in-depth knowledge of network security products such as Firewalls/Next Generation Firewalls, Web Security, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Sandboxing, Data Loss Prevention, SSL/VPN and Network Access Control, then this could be the role for you!
Have you successfully led enterprise product integration in the past? Are you self-motivated, and envision innovative solutions to provide efficient and an enhanced security posture? Do you have an ability to quickly learn new technology stacks and drive hands on deployments is? The Senior Security Engineer will lead coordination with other IS/IT functional groups and other business units; influencing outcomes as appropriate. Direct experience supporting audit requirements (technology and process) such as FedRAMP, SOX and PCI are key.
- ~50% Administration and 50% project role (will vary based on needs)
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, deploying, maintaining and auditing security infrastructure including next generation firewall, monitoring solutions, correlation tools, and identity and access control systems in a highly controlled environment
- Responsible for the integration of security focused solutions into a global network
- Drives multi-functional integrated development teams to evaluate and implement security solutions
- Coordinates with various teams to ensure network appliances and enterprise services are configured with the correct security posture to support business requirements
- Provides technical recommendations to optimize performance
- Rectify and resolve critical network and system issues
- Drives projects to completion with minimal supervision
- US Citizen
- 5+ years of hands on experience with ACLs, Firewalls, and/or Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- 5+ years of hands on experience with monitoring solutions, correlation tools, and identity and access control systems
- Solid knowledge and experience with Layer 2-7 protocols and technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with routing, security protocols, ACLs, Firewalls, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Strong knowledge with application, server, and network monitoring solutions, and PKI
- Windows/Linux administration experience
- Experience with Python/PowerShell scripting
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment to reach stringent deadlines.
- Strong Program Management skills
- Facilitate and lead meetings of peers within the organization
- Willing to travel occasionally (~10%)
- Customer focused, have a drive for results, and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
Your Preferred Experience
- Palo Alto Networks PNSE Cert.
- CISCO CCNP
- Arista ACE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.