Senior Security Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Come join Palo Alto Networks as part of the Security Engineering team as a Senior Information Security Engineer. You will be responsible for deploying and managing critical security services in a highly controlled environment. The position requires expert level knowledge in both networking and application services. This is a fast-paced, post-startup environment.
We are looking for someone with a broad background in enterprise services to include, Endpoint Management, Identity Management, Authentication,
If you are conversant in layer 2 through layer 7 protocols and technologies across a range of hardware/infrastructure, including in-depth knowledge of network security products such as Firewalls/Next Generation Firewalls, Web Security, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Sandboxing, Data Loss Prevention, SSL/VPN and Network Access Control, then this could be the role for you!
Have you successfully led enterprise product integration in the past? Are you self-motivated, and envision innovative solutions to provide
- 50% Administration and 50% project role (will vary based on needs)
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, deploying, maintaining and auditing security infrastructure including next-generation firewall, monitoring solutions, correlation tools, and identity and access control systems in a highly controlled environment
- Responsible for the integration of security-focused solutions into a global network
- Drives multi-functional integrated development teams to evaluate and implement security solutions
- Coordinates with various teams to ensure network appliances and enterprise services are configured with the correct security posture to support business requirements
- Provides technical recommendations to optimize performance
- Rectify and resolve critical network and system issues
- Drives projects to completion with minimal supervision
- US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with ACLs, Firewalls, and/or Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with monitoring solutions, correlation tools, and identity and access control systems
- Solid knowledge and experience with Layer 2-7 protocols and technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with routing, security protocols, ACLs, Firewalls, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Strong knowledge with application, server, and network monitoring solutions, and PKI
- Windows/Linux administration experience
- Experience with Python/PowerShell scripting
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment to reach stringent deadlines
- Strong Program Management skills
- Facilitate and lead meetings of peers within the organization
- Customer focused, have a drive for results, and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization
- Willing to travel occasionally (~10%)
- Preferred Palo Alto Networks PNSE certifications, Cisco CCNP, Arista ACE, and MCITP
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or