Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is disrupting the Cyber Security industry! We’re definitely not business-as-usual and that goes for the talent we hire. We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a new InfoSec team that will own securing our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security management products and enterprise infrastructure. With your mad DevOps skills, you’ll design, build, maintain and scale highly critical, security production services in a GCP environment as well as mentor team members. You won’t see this in most InfoSec teams in the industry and this highly visible position will help drive our goal to continue being a powerful, disruptive force in Cyber Security.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services in public cloud environments
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Focus on operations
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the ground up
- Develop tools for enabling CI/CD, automated testing and release management
- Troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation
- Mentor and train junior DevOps engineers
- You’re a hands-on engineer who leads by doing!
- You have a minimum of 8 years industry experience with at least 2 years' experience in DevOps automation and tooling, a strong knowledge of cloud security architecture, web application security, and security engineering.
- Experience with GCP (preferred) or AWS
- 3-5 years' experience with extensive exposure to numerous aspects of software development, operations, CI/CD, and information security.
- You can leverage DevOps tools to build, harden, maintain and instrument a comprehensive cloud-based security orchestration platform to be consumed in product CI/CD pipelines (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet...)
- Developed automated security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes in a large-scale AWS cloud computing environment.
- Experience writing complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable cloud-based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets necessary to support the secure continuous delivery pipeline.
- Integrate security practices across the continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated cloud and application security solution from the epic definition, development, test and deploy of CB applications within our data center and cloud providers. (call out building the supportive security capabilities such as secure image repo, config repo, etc…)
- Experience in building scalable dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting SaaS applications
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve issues related to systems or networking quickly
- Knowledgeable about collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple issues
- Support the delivery of security capabilities for critical services. (call out delivery of shared security services across the entire company)
- Plan for work and be primarily a hands-on engineer that leads by doing.
- Take responsibility for creating design specifications and prepare technical documentation.
- Develop a solution to integrate security into the life cycle from business initiation through operational integrity
- Support the development of standards by creating templates and patterns for ease of use and increase the productivity of the security program
- Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the security tools, practices, and systems across all disciplines. Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and Firewalling
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!