Channel Systems Engineer Enablement Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer, you are a critical part of the sales team; it is your responsibility to build solutions and enable the partner, work with the partner to build a strong services practice, align and build relationships between the partner and Palo Alto Networks, and finally build joint value by demonstrating the partner’s strengths.
You will represent the company as a technical advisor tasked with building excitement and support for the company with the partner’s sales and technical teams. You will travel and take ownership of the technical relationship with our channel partners to demo, train, enable, communicate with and continually engage technical partner team members by dedicatedly managing and delivering technical content and establishing relationships either onsite, online, and via telephone. You will have specific recruitment, enablement, training and communication objectives aligned with the objectives of the company.
- Ability to align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
- Provide product demos on all aspects of the Palo Alto Networks Platform
- Provide technical enablement and training to strategic/national partners
- Strategically position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
- Participate in partner business planning activities by supporting the development and execution of the partner technical business plan
- Facilitate the planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks and industry certifications
- Oversee partner pre-sales activities, including competitive analysis, test plans, demos, proofs of concept, and RFPs
- Cross-communicate Palo Alto Networks and partner value propositions, especially between partner and Palo Alto Networks field SEs
- Understand and effectively present the Palo Alto Networks’ security platform
- Create, execute, and review a technical readiness plan with the CBM/regional sales team, including measurable achievements to track progress
- Provide localized technical training to partner’s pre-sales and post-sales technical resources
- Support product/service training of the partner sales teams
- Educate and promote the use of Palo Alto Networks support model and effective use of available resources
- Collaborate with the CBM/regional sales team on the development and management of the channel partner business plan and mutual action plans
- Understand and communicate the business advantages of a partnership with Palo Alto Networks
- Develop a strong understanding of Palo Alto Networks’ channel partner objectives
- General understanding of local/national partner community, technology trends, and competitive landscape
- Strong communication and listening skills, including effective delivery of presentations
- Ability to write and speak clearly and precisely, and structure information logically for digestion
- Ability to ask questions to clarify situations before acting or making decisions
- An understanding of how to qualify partner needs to create accord
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or troubleshooting network security products
- Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology is preferred
- Modern network threats and malware is preferred
- Network forensics and incident response is preferred
- Automation and orchestration tools and Endpoint security products technologies is preferred
- Relevant industry certifications – Eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc is preferred
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.