Technical Support Engineer, APAC (Based in Singapore)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams, creating an environment of visibility that ultimately leads to better products, better working environments, and better cybersecurity. Your quick thinking and support to our clients provide the fast assistance they need to keep their environments secure – which means you’ll need to move quickly, thoughtfully, and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Provide post-sales technical support, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers via phone, e-mail, and web
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and solve complicated technical issues
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Build a positive customer experience by working closely with Development, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Marketing
- Responsible for reviewing user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, problem-solving guides, etc.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- BS/MS or equivalent experience
- 5+ plus years of related experience
- Required experience with TCP IP
- Proven ability to independently to debug broad, complex, and unparalleled networks with mixed media and protocols required
- In-depth experience in routing and switching (OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP)
- Experience with security (IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE)
- Prior experience in similar vendor Technical Support Centers
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English is required
- Ability to speak other languages like Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, or Thai is a plus
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (NetScreen), Fortinet products a plus
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain different.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.