Channel Systems Engineer - St. Louis
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer, you are a critical part of the sales team; it is your responsibility to build solutions and enable the partner, work with the partner to build a strong services practice, align and build relationships between the partner and Palo Alto Networks, and finally build joint value by leveraging the partner’s strengths.
You represent the company as a technical advisor tasked with building excitement and support for the company with the partner’s sales and technical teams. You will travel and take ownership of the technical relationship with our channel partners to demo, train, enable, communicate with and continually engage technical partner team members by proactively managing and delivering technical content and building relationships either onsite, online, and via telephone. In this Channel SE role, you will primarily work with your CBM and partner leadership to create and execute on your business plan, leveraging the regional SEs and regional sales teams to help drive and facilitate that plan.
- Ability to align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
- Provide technical enablement and training to strategic/national partners
- Strategically position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
- Position Palo Alto Networks against competing products
- Participate in partner business planning activities by supporting development and execution of the partner technical business plan
- Facilitate planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks and industry certifications
- Act as a contact and, when applicable, escalation point for partner technical issues within Palo Alto Networks
- Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development
- Effectively articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security; Effective in identifying problems in customer environments and positioning Palo Alto Networks solutions; Effectively engages customers at technical field and technical management levels
- Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused on continued development and experience
- Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done
- Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team
- Basic understanding of the partner business model and common financial pain points, such as profit margin, cash-flow, utilization, and days sales outstanding
- General understanding of local/national partner community, technology trends, and competitive landscape
- Ability to quickly obtain strong overall Palo Alto Networks product knowledge and redistribute that knowledge
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- Experience with, or knowledge of
- Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology
- Modern network threats and malware
- Network forensics and incident response
- Automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- End point security products and technologies
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.