Senior Manager, Pricing & Licensing
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced individual to drive the success of its Pricing & Licensing organization as the Sr. Manager, Pricing & Licensing. You are a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoy collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Reporting to VP of Pricing & Licensing, Sr. Manager is primarily responsible for directing and executing the end-to-end pricing & licensing strategy across Palo Alto Networks operating units, including the development of new and innovative pricing models, setting price levels, constructing licensing structures, and creating price promotions/packaging. In this role, you will continuously assess the pricing and licensing needs of the operating units, define new opportunities for pricing improvement, and conduct customer segmentation, competitive analysis, develop financial models, and help to define overall go-to-market strategies. You will play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of Palo Alto Networks pricing & licensing organization. You'll be experienced pricing and licensing professionally focused on strategy and execution.
● Lead the pricing and licensing activities across Palo Alto Networks operating units, working collaboratively to develop and implement Pricing strategies across Product, Finance and GTM (Go to Market), teams
● Interact with the senior leadership and product teams to determine licensing strategy, priorities, and to provide regular visibility of progress
● Coordinate cross-functional teams to align priorities with revenue goals
● Develop new and improve on existing pricing strategy development processes, frameworks, and approaches
● Conduct pricing analyses to inform pricing strategy for new, renew and upsell/cross-sell offerings
● Conduct and commission end-user pricing studies, including competitive market positioning and price elasticity analyses
● Develop global pricing, as well as any localized or vertical pricing approaches, such as multi-currency
● Maximize revenue by establishing margin goals for the field, developing expansion GTM motions, within strategic parameters, and improving end-user and partner discounting over time
● Support deal desk in carrying out deal profitability analyses and optimizing deal structures
● Work cross-functionally to manage the licensing process, reducing complexity and ensuring customer satisfaction
● Support negotiation of the large licensing transactions
● Provide mentorship and guidance to Pricing Analysts
● Bachelor’s in business administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
● 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing pricing and licensing strategies for B2B software companies
● 2 + years of people management experience
● History of presenting recommendations and getting buy-in from senior executives
● Experience and understanding of patent and portfolio valuation
● Exceptional presentation skills, concise and fluent in communication
● Ability to distill complexity via a methodical and structured approach
● Approximately 15- 25% domestic/international travel may be required
You have a passion for numbers, and our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact, this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.