EMEA Cyber Range Instructor
Cyber Range Instructor
Bring your SE, cyber security Instructor or related skills to an exciting new role at Palo Alto Networks
We are seeking a confident and articulate security professional to fill this new role within the Cyber Range delivery team at Palo Alto Networks. The candidate will interchangeably act as Instructor and Controller for Palo Alto Networks Cyber Range in the given location, teaching cybersecurity best practices and facilitating student exercises across all of the Cyber Range offerings and Palo Alto Network technologies. In this capacity, the candidate will be a part of the Global Education organization and work closely with the Cyber Range Director to :
- maintain the Cyber Range equipment rig,
- troubleshoot the Cyber Range network,
- control the student exercises and
- teach security best practices to commercial and public sector organizations in the experiential learning environment of a Cyber Range.
- Update existing and develop new courses and content.
Good candidates for this role have been or are a security Systems Engineer or cyber security Instructor, with
- excellent presentation skills,
- excellent interpersonal skills, and
- technical acumen to maintain a live cybersecurity training environment.
- Pre- and live session setup
- Test/QA of network
- Test/QA of participant laptops
- Live session delivery
- Facilitate education.
- Oversee Candidate behavior during the event and assist as needed.
- Facilitate exercise and scenarios from catalog based on customer/prospect objective
- Run the red, white & green team and attack vectors for the event
- Summarize lessons learned from observations
- Provide (programmatic via survey) feedback to Industries and Cyber Range Directors
- Support Cyber Range at Palo Alto Networks events such as annual user conferences.
- Actively feedback to Director to influence Cyber Range developments at the company.
- Provide tours and overviews of the program to Palo Alto Networks visitors.
- Set up marketing façade for SYD and HQS when FMM not present (AMS and RES have permanent marketing treatments.)
- Support sales and field marketing requests.
- Engineering Support to the Cyber Range capability and maintenance of the facilities equipment
- Strong working knowledge of Palo Alto Networks PAN-OS and appliances.
- Comfortable providing Guidance and Instruction on the Palo Alto Networks platform or operation of any element of the system under test, including the supporting eco-systems.
- Fault finding & diagnostic skills for range configuration.
- Capable of presenting and orchestrating a Cyber Range event for technical and executive candidates. This includes explaining where in the attack lifecycle the attack type should be interrupted, portfolio best practice on how to detect and mitigate.
- Strong working knowledge of a range of networking, compute and security technologies and their applications
- TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, 3G/4G
- Virtualization and cloud
- Firewall, IPS/IDS, AV, VPN, Sandboxing, Endpoint security
- Mobile security
- Windows (AD, DNS etc, Desktop)
- Linux skills
- Certificate Services & PKI
- Knowledge of the practical implementation security solutions highly desirable
- Fluent in English, both written and technical oration (additional languages desirable)
- Proven professional delivery/instruction of cyber security best practices.
- Independent thinker who can keep a class engaged, regardless of each individual’s state of progress or the availability of the Cyber Range network
- Comfort teaching every level of aptitude and cybersecurity knowledge from executives to seasoned practitioner
- Given the broad diversity of company teams engaged in the successful delivery of a Cyber Range, must have a very team-oriented approach
- Ability to travel regularly, if required, to support customers and prospects
- Strong relationship management and team skills
- Experience working with global teams on multiple projects and programs
- Strong ability to multitask with proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Writing samples and references for communication and other skills
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.