EMEA Pursuit Director
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The strategic deal center is a new function within Palo Alto Networks. In close partnership with the regional sales teams within EMEA, its core purpose is to increase, develop, and manage large deals ($5M+ in stand-alone or ongoing revenue and/or deemed strategic by senior executives management). Typically these deals would be with Fortune 500 or part of G2000 accounts, or in-country top-ranking companies and institutions.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating all PAN senior executive engagement for strategic deals within EMEA
- Developing and executing deal pursuit strategy: deal ‘captain’. Ensure team ‘cohesion’ and that all deliverables are met
- Establish and manage C Level executive relationships with customers and/or other key deal stakeholders, e.g. partners, consultants, etc
- Serve as the point person for all other executive contacts to ensure the deal team has the necessary resources to win. Briefing senior management on issues and driving approvals
- Ensure that revenue and profitability targets are hit for the deal
- Ensure pursuit costs are properly documented and within budget
- Support sales to develop mega deals
- Requests and coordinates the resources / extended proposal team
- Define and own the close plan supported by the account team and working together with the customer
- Take the lead in defining the next step in the decision process by asking for specialised help where needed
- Act as the pursuit team leader in aligning with all team members securing optimal collaboration
- Cover the complete deal life cycle from Deal Strategy and negotiations to closure, including handover to delivery and support
- Provide win/loss analysis - reviews
- Bring best practices from other pursuits
- 12+ years of experience in enterprise sales managing large IT deals at a regional (EMEA) or global level
- Experience in a fast-growth organization, ideally one with an enterprise technology focus (prior experiences in SaaS, Cloud, Business Consulting and Cybersecurity are a plus)
- Leadership: Lead by winning the hearts and minds of the highest executives through personal engagement, ownership, and accountability. Rapidly gain acceptance within Palo Alto Networks major customers and partners as a strong, professional executive who can provide clear leadership for the business in pursuing mega-deals across EMEA
- Proven experience in P&L management
- Stakeholder Management: Experience working with, collaborating, and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders (including working with Global Customers, Sales and Delivery Teams)
- Hands-on experience in strategic deal business case development and subsequent commercial contracting/negotiating expertise gained in highly complex and competitive business environments.
- International exposure - Demonstrated experience in supporting international pursuits in diverse countries within Europe Middle East and Africa or at a worldwide scale
- Track record in delivering results: You get things done by demonstrating excellent prioritization, project management skills and must win attitude – you can coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously in a high-paced business environment
- Superior communication and influencing skills. Equally comfortable talking with investors, employees, executive management team, customers and the board with an ability to translate complex issues into easily understood terms
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Proficient use of G suite and Salesforce.com platform
- You can communicate fluently in the English language. Any additional language will be considered as a plus
Our regional strategic deal centre team members - part of the sales operation & strategy organization- drive, manage & support cross-vertical mega deals in close partnership with in-country sales leaders across EMEA.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.