Business Development Representative - Nordics (Amsterdam Based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Being a Business Development Representative (BDR) is not an easy task. This is the opportunity for those passionate about being a part of something bigger than themselves. We are out to fulfill our company mission with the strongest products in the industry. Being a BDR means handling rejection well, but persevering, regardless. It means cold calling, selling, and pitching our products to people who are under tremendous pressure to secure their digital environments. And it means sticking with it with a level of tenacity defined only by your dedication to seeing a sale through.
To fit in this role, you are personable, willing to ask questions, always learning, have a strong work ethic, are persistent, and coachable. You are confident in who you are and able to enjoy the personable interactions that come with a job in sales. Becoming a part of the team means you will be surrounded by amazing, smart and hardworking, teammates and that’s a great place to be. Plus, the bonus of changing the world. Now that's just icing on the cake.
- Market the company’s products and/or services via telephone and email
- Generate prospective customers through cold calling and lead qualification
- Qualify leads generated from Marketing programs and promotions
- Direct Pre-Qualified Leads (PQL) to the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland) Sales District
- Follow up on pre-qualified leads with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and leads to pipeline creation
- Document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
- Up to 1-2 years of applicable sales experience
- Fluent English and at least 1 other Nordic language skills
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic, positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in person
- Proven previous work experience in handling inbound and outbound calls and inquiries
- Proven ability to understand technical concepts, possess enthusiasm for technology and to articulate clearly
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing the environment
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics set by management
- Experience in IT Security a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud technologies a plus
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing salesperson – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.