Professional Services Consultant - SOAR Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Resident Engineer is an integral part of our mission within our Public Sector Professional Services team. In this role, you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expertise level skillsets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
- Assist customers with their Incident Response efforts leveraging Demisto for Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
- Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the threat landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
- Lead Demisto technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
- Interact with Security and IT technologies relating to customer environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Ability to create documentation for Demisto playbooks
- Ability to refine and translate complex requirements and execute best practice solutions
- Ability to lead a team
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business relating to Demisto
- Experience managing complex security solutions in large environments
- Strong understanding of Linux or Unix, network troubleshooting analysis and current security threats
- Experience in cybersecurity incident response
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity technologies, protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end security solutions
- Experience with IDS/IPS, SEIM, Endpoint solutions and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GCIA, CISSP, and/or DevOps certifications is a plus
- Up to 70% travel may be required
- Secret clearance required
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.