CyberRange Operations Manager
Cyber Range is an exciting program at Palo Alto Networks, enabling organizations to enhance or develop security best practices knowledge in a dynamic, simulated network environment. The program assists companies in maintaining the security of their networks amidst their networks’ vast and fast transformations - in every industry, every geography.
- Ensure that the capability remains current, relevant and aligned with Palo Alto Networks capabilities and vision
- Manage and maintain the delegated operational budget and act as the financial owner within the program of this delegate budget
- Manage the operations side of the program and team, the latter in a matrix management construct. Ensure the program and team continue to deliver in the most efficient, effective and professional manner, at the required capacity, to support all assigned delivery targets and objectives.
- Provide the conduit to the other parts of the business and ensure that a successful dialogue and relationship is maintained with Sales, System Engineering, Product Management, WPR and the other enabling functions within the Marketing organisation
- Act as the permanent Operational Member on the Cyber Range Change Advisory Board (CAB) and provide briefings and report changes and future developments as required
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure the correct messaging is delivered in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Ensure budget and profit optimization – demonstrate the ability to operationally run CR as either not-for-profit or other models in the future whilst maintaining quality, utilization and margins. ·
- Maintain overall operational ownership of the solution which will include but not be limited to:
- Workshop presentation content and delivery methodology – including the development of new content and refresh of existing workshops and their related artifacts.
- Operational road-map, event support and coordination both with internal team as well as any needed vendor support.
- Range scheduling and request management processes.
- Decisions and changes maintained with a VFM approach
- Own all internal planning and delivery relationships including with all assigned Field Marketing Managers, Sales and SE’s, or other CR requesters and theater coordinators (i.e. Partners):
- Program planning & scheduling – ensure that the resources and new capabilities are delivered in an optimum fashion whilst minimizing costs and operational downtime. This includes all aspects of CR scheduling, efficiency correlations and operational resource assignment to achieve a resource and cost optimized plan.
- Negotiation and agreement of any operationally specific contracts and supplier relationships. This shall also include working closely with Finance, Legal and any other internal organisation required to deliver the required contract.
- Monitoring and management of all contracts and any associated SLA’s or OLA’s related to the operational capability or service.
- Monitoring and management of all contract usage and any related true-up or services costs accrued as a result of the planned program delivery. This includes ensuring any concurrent licencing or service resources are utilized in a cost effective and optimum fashion.
- Management of any changes to or deviations from all existing contracts in an effective and efficient fashion whilst limiting the impact on the CR program in all aspects.
- Management and reporting on the feedback or process evolution of all CR events, including ownership of any required resolutions and capability revisions based upon that feedback.
- Work in partnership with the Solution Architect and the Marketing Team to ensure that CR remains aligned, relevant and accessible as agreed within the CAB.
- Develop, ensure welfare and conduct of operational staff in accordance with the relevant Palo Alto Networks and national policies and guidelines.
- Own operational staff SMART goals and objectives – ensuring they reflect the top-down goals and targets assigned to the CR program.
- Operational Staff - Ensure an open and effective two-way dialogue with matrixed staff at all levels within the CR team. Ensure that any delegated roles are empowered and supported in the delivery of their assigned duties (Sol Arch & Ops Manager).
- Leadership Skills – Demonstrate having successfully led a diverse team, both geographically and in skills or competencies.
- Problem Solving – Provide examples of designing and leading the delivery of complex and innovative solutions against challenging requirements and timelines. This would ideally be within a System Integrator or within an Organisation where IT & Cyber were not the company’s focus.
- Critical, innovative Thinking – The successful candidate should have a proven ability to think creatively, out of the box, and be able to demonstrate innovative or lateral approaches to problems or requirements which have provided benefit to the delivery of a program or project.
- Presentation & Documentation skills - Be able to demonstrate a strong ability to communicate in English, in both writing and speaking. This would include technical briefings and presentations, policies & procedures, technical documentation and correspondence.
- Flexibility – The successful candidate must be willing and able to work in a fluid and dynamic manner as it applies to their work day, anticipating global travel as required to deliver the technical aspects of the program.
- Technical Skills – the following skills are required for this role:
- Knowledgeable in
- Palo Alto Networks portfolio
- Trials and Technical Content delivery
- Course-ware design and development
- ITIL min v3
- Strong appreciation or exposure to:
- ISO 27001
- Web Services
- Knowledgeable in
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.