Channel Business Manager - NSW
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will center your role on relationship management to achieve measurable results in increased revenue, market share, and depth within each partner sales team. Your success in this role will span the creation and execution of unique business plans with each potential. You’ll be measured primarily on the joint business executed with each partner. You’ll be working within all levels of large partner organizations and possess a commitment that focusses developing partnerships based on a long term, “outcome where everybody wins” strategy.
- Drive the sale of the company’s portfolio through nominated resellers to achieve financial targets that adhere to the strategy set at the country or regional level
- Champion the needs of the reseller and distributor within the company, ensuring the highest levels of responsiveness and engagement are met
- Understand the Business of your selected Resellers and Distributors(s): by evaluating their Management Team’s strength, as well as their Credit and Financial stability
- Analysis of their Return on Working Capital to enable learned discussions on increased profitability
- Understand if the Solution Provider has Vertical / Horizontal expertise
- Define their addressable market and quantify the share of that market
- Evaluation of sales and technology skills and capabilities, are they focused on retaining, developing or acquiring business (RAD framework)
- Understand their compensation structure and articulate rewards of overachievement for both the team and the individual when positioning company’s product
- Knowledgeable of distribution inventory turns, optimization and POS reporting requirements
- Agree and create strategic plans that address all functional areas of their business; to include SMART* objectives for Sales, Marketing and Services
- Undertake QBR and regular business reviews with your Partners to ensure successful completion of objectives as outlined within the strategic plan
- Review sales data to understand trends and propose appropriate strategies to increase revenue and margin attainment; focus should be on product blend (revenue / units), number of deal registrations per month / quarter, percentage of sales with partner-led, service attach rates and average discount to end customer
- Weekly review and presentation of key deals / pipeline / funnel management that supports the forecast
- Detailed reporting and maintenance of salesforce.com
- Together with the reseller management regularly confirm all members of their team are aware and working towards the agreed objectives of the growth plan
- Identification and relationship building with top performing sales employees, goal being to focus their attention on positioning company’s solutions over any other
- Train sales and technical teams to competently up sell / cross sell company’s solutions including possible integration with alliance platforms
- Accountable for the High Touch Account Mapping & Engagement between Palo Alto Networks and the reseller, review feedback between both teams on a regular basis
- Drive regular customer demonstrations and evaluate win ratio against blind pricing opportunities
- Work closely with the Director Channels APAC and RSD for the identification, analysis and appointment of suitable Solution Providers that adhere to the Business Plan set out by the RSD and Channels Director
- Provide regular updates on company’s Primary Initiatives, Promotions and Pricing that may help in the execution of the overall plan
- Review adoption rate of Promotions and seek feedback from Partner on success and how they could be improved to increase effectiveness
- Liaise with Channel Marketing to understand partners Joint Marketing Funds (JMF) and how they will be utilized to deliver agreed business objectives
- Training and positioning of company’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI) tools should occur on a regular basis
- CBM to have accountability for all engagement between the company and the reseller; to include Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, Engineering, and Regional Executive Management
- Education to degree level in business or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years working within a sales organization
- Minimum 3 years in indirect sales with experience in channel management with System Integrators and / or Value-Added Resellers
- Sales campaign management abilities. Experience of using and implementing structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, order fulfilment and ongoing account management
- Understanding of Gross Margin and Margin Blend
- Wide range of skills (listening, questioning, qualifying, gaining commitment, negotiating, summarizing, closing etc.) in order to achieve targets
- Results oriented with an ability to deliver against stretch targets
- Excellent Presentation Skills with the ability to influence at senior levels within a Partner organization
- Commercially astute, with the ability to promote and sell the company offer on a conceptual basis and through highlighting business benefit as well as product features
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.