Professional Services Engineer - Cloud (Remote, East Coast)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Professional Services Consultant for Cloud Security will provide onsite and remote design, installation, deployment, and configuration relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment integration in Virtualized Environments (Public and Private Clouds). You will function as the Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams. You will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams with the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. You will also contribute to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the consultant will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products and the Cloud Platforms deployed within the customer's network.
- Travel (50-60%) to customer site installing and deploying Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the statement of work
- Integrate Palo Alto Networks Elements to build a highly automated virtualized environment, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of Palo Alto Networks technology as it adopts Cloud principles
- Demonstrate the robustness and the value of the proposed Solution
- Handover to Security experts for further enhancement of the security posture provided to the customer, deliver support when appropriate
- Interact with Consulting Engineers on recommended architectures and DevOps options
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Script and automate repetitive tasks
- Work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Public Cloud Platforms Architecture and Deployment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Architecture and delivery with Enterprise and/or Service Provider customers where virtualization environments such as Open Stack, NSX, Kubernetees
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building/integrating security solutions in large environments
- Solid understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Scripting experience - Python, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CFT is preferred
- Demonstrated project leadership skill is preferred
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional, AWS Advanced Certified Networking Specialty, MCSE Cloud Platforms, VMWare VCAP6-NV is preferred
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.