Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our internal employees for Palo Alto Networks’ cloud security products. Cloud Security market is rapidly evolving over the next two to four years. In this role, you will have the opportunity with one of the best of breed security platforms that redefines the future of Cloud/SaaS security and safely enable organizations to adopt SaaS applications.
- Help manage customers, channel partners and system engineers with product related questions and hands-on technical training
- Build and demonstrate cloud use cases that showcase our ability to deliver cloud-based services at scale
- Develop technical contents including tech notes, publications, solution guides, white papers etc.
- Drive success of customer trials by assisting Beta customers with understanding and configuring new product capabilities
- Work closely with product management on product feedback for future improvements. Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to product area
- Help develop and run proof of concepts, work with customers and channel partners
- Develop and lead technical trainings for Systems Engineers and document useful how-to technical notes for others to use
- Identify sales needs and address them as needed
- Approximately 15-20 percent travel
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or other engineering/technical degree
- Minimum 3-5 years hands on experience on enterprise security technologies including VPN, Web Proxies and End Point Security
- Prior working experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and Google is a plus
- Experience with Client VPN & network security
- Experience with cloud-delivered security services
- Experience to setup lab environment
- Experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collaterals, and presenting to customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a teammate
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.