Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Technical Marketing engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our internal employees for Palo Alto Networks’ cloud security products. Cloud Security market is rapidly evolving over the next two to four years. In this role, you will be able to work with one of the best of breed security platforms that redefines the future of Cloud/SaaS security and safely enable organizations to embrace SaaS applications. The individual will help develop and run proof of concepts, work with customers and channel partners, develop and deliver technical trainings for Systems Engineers and document useful how-to technical notes for others to use. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. The job requires approximately 15-20 percent travel.
- As the subject matter expert help customers, channel partners and system engineers with product related questions and hands on technical training.
- Develop technical contents including tech notes, publications, solution guides, white papers etc.
- Drive success of customer trials by assisting Beta customers with understanding and configuring new product capabilities. Continue monitoring the performance of the new release for 6 months after it is generally available.
- Work closely with product management on product feedback for future improvements. Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to product area.
- Minimum 3-5 years hands on experience on enterprise security technologies including VPN, Web Proxies and End Point Security. Prior working experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and Google is a plus.
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collaterals, and presenting to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or other engineering/technical degree
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.