Lab Systems Administrator
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks Customer Service Lab team is hiring a Lab Systems Administrator!
- Implementation and management of Lab Automation utilizing Spirent Velocity platform
- Automation script development using Python scripting, based on user requirements
- Build and maintain a VMware ESXi environment using clusters, resource pools and shared storage
- Training and assisting users with lab systems, tools and processes
- Assisting users with building and provisioning virtual machine guests in Windows, Linux
- Monitoring and maintaining lab network to ensure reliable operation
- Designing and implementing tools to mitigate network outages
- Creating dashboards and tools to monitor server and network environments
- Updating and patching systems to maintain a secure operating environment
- Implement LDAP/Active Directory for user authentication to lab services
- Implementing Network Management platforms such as Puppet, Nagios, Cricket, and Rancid
- Enable remote access to lab services for end users via SSL VPN and RDP/VNC/View Client
- Maintaining and deploying network testing tools, such as TCP Replay, IXIA, and Spirent
- Proficient in VMWare, Linux, and Windows administration as well as basic network administration skills
- Talent for finding and resolving issues before they become larger problems
- Experience managing CENTOS, Ubuntu, or other Linux distributions Windows and VMware administration experience
- Scripting and automation skills, emphasis on Python
- Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, Dynamic Routing Protocols, VLAN,SSH/SCP/SFTP, iSCSI, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SIFS, SMTP, SNMP
- Prefer candidates with experience in a support or engineering network lab environment
- Experience with Spirent Velocity lab automation platform a plus
- Experience with TCP Replay, IXIA, Breaking Point, Spirent Test Center, and Spirent Avalanche a plus
- Experience with TCL scripting a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Lab System Administrator
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.