Channels Systems Engineer, Thailand
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Palo Alto Networks Federal Channel Systems Engineer (ChSE), you will be responsible for aligning our Next-Generation security platform and technology solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful Federal channel partners. You will be a leader who enhances channel capabilities by educating partners and drive partner engagement with our programs, products, tools, and processes. You are accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As a member of the Sales and Channels team, the Channel System Engineer will align with our sales management, engineering management, and channel account management in the region to create, update and execute the partner technical enablement strategy. The impact of this person will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement and relationships for a limited number of partners and new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Owns technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Teaches in-geo SEs and value-added Distributor how to manage and deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a technical expert: know networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics
- Lead lab, demo, best practices session and workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Coordinate partner training activities with a wide range of PANW field and corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as-needed basis
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs & AMs, trainers
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as an SE preferably in a partner facing role
- Experience designing, selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security products
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Ability to work independently while following the prescribed enablement plan
- Travel of approximately 50% within the resident/home region
- Ambitious, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Can passionately deliver high-level messaging and most TOI sessions
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Superior organizational skills
- Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach is highly preferred
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products (ACE and CNSE certs)
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring virtual environments
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.