Director, Distribution EMEA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Director of Distribution, you will have overall responsibility for the success of EMEA distribution landscape, including ensuring optimal distribution coverage and capacity (financial, operational, and partner capacity), setting the strategic direction and annual business priorities for distribution, and for performance management of distributors in the region. You are also responsible for accelerating a channel sales strategy through the distributors, and primarily through their distribution managed partners, to address the commercial market business across the theatre.
- Strategic vision and roadmap to evolve distribution model to meet evolving business needs
- Distribution Commercial Sales Management
- Distribution Performance Management
- Distribution Operations & Finance Management
- Coordinate with local and regional Sales and Channel leaders across EMEA on optimal distribution landscape coverage and to align on business priorities, investment and resource requirements, and business planning expectations
- Recommend and play an active role in any distribution landscape changes including onboarding new distributors, execution of Performance Improvement Plans, and offboarding under-performing distributors
- Actively monitor and address any distribution credit issues in order to avoid purchase order processing delay
- Define, own, recommend and execute the strategic direction of Distribution across EMEA based on a three-year plan to ensure capacity, compliance, loyalty and sustainable profitable growth
- Accountable for two tier enablement and sales performance across EMEA with the support of regional channel sales managers in the defined commercial market space
- Align with cross-functional teams (i.e. Field Marketing) to achieve performant channel marketing and demand generation activities through Distribution. Set Distribution Marketing annual and quarterly priorities
- Ensure local Distribution Business Managers are working with local distributors to build annual business plan within 30 days of close of each fiscal year-end. Specifically defining evolution of distributors’ businesses, headcount, investments, and go-to-market strategies in each year based on Palo Alto Networks global, theatre, and regional priorities and strategies
- Ensure local Distribution Business Managers are scheduling, preparing, and leading recurring Business Review meetings (QBRs) three times per year with cross-functional audience Sales Management, Marketing, Services, Channel SE team, and optional attendees from Regional, Theatre, and WW management
- Establish and be accountable for Distribution and two-tier sales Operating Metrics including Proof of Concepts, pre- sales activities and deal registration
- Ensure Distribution Business Managers are leading monthly call update distributors to cover relevant new company information or content provided in the previous month. Ensure company content, programs, and update proper “land” within the distributor and share calls-to-action for distributors with said updates
- Responsible for increasing distributor’s CPQ utilization. Provide adequate training. Monitor and share CPQ utilization statistics with distributors on monthly basis
- Responsible for semi-annual NextWave Program Compliance efforts for Distribution Managed Partners, including working with distributor on plans to address gaps in Partner requirements and to make decision on up-leveling, downgrading, or off-boarding these Partners
- Work closely with Renewals team and distributors in order to improve renewals process efficiency and to improve key Renewal business KPIs
- Responsible for building and monitoring plans with distributors to drive attendance to important Palo Alto Networks global, regional, and local events
- Planning and executing business with consistent cadence and rigor in order to optimize investments and performance of distributors. Ensure distributors are recruiting, onboarding, and enabling new partners and Development and Distribution Managed partners to meet EMEA channel objectives and needs
- Develop best practices, process and methodology to ensure maximum effectiveness of distributors across EMEA, in line with expectations of local territories and conform to global corporate guidelines
- Directly manage at executive level the 2 largest distributors in EMEA with whom you will conduct quarterly business planning and maintain weekly metrics around execution and performance.
- Work in team with the local Channel and Distribution Business Managers to ensure common practices are being deployed
- Working with Channel ops and Channel marketing develop two tier channel incentives, programs and rebates to drive over achievement of sales targets
- Travel frequently to key distribution partner facilities within EMEA for events, engagement, business planning
- Drive awareness of eco-system Technology alliances and segment channels where triangulated GTM approach will drive increased revenue
- Be onsite at a local distributor at each end of month / EOQ and participate actively in the “War Room” virtual environment at EOM/EOQ to ensure flawless execution of all Commit orders
- Ensure distributors are proactively reviewing their pipeline to ready their systems and accounts for processing orders with available credit and no minor mistakes
- Handle all escalations related to Distributor Credit situations
- Work actively with Distributor, Channel Manager, and Sales Manager to logistics and coordination of large, multi-site / multi-theatre Global Projects
- Manage the Distribution Rebates by setting targets and defining MBOs; provide regular Rebate updates – this should include QTD against target funnel and in Quarter pipeline report
- Manage all processes and documentation related to Distribution Development Funds (DDF)
- Manage all processes and documentation related to Distribution Co-Funded Heads
- Act as the evangelist for your distribution partners within the EMEA sales leadership – to ensure alignment and engagement within both inside and outside sales
- Progressive distribution management experience within the emerging and advanced technologies industry with extensive executive relationships across the region
- Experience working at a regional or global distributor preferred
- Experience in Partner / Channel Management
- Demonstrable track record of success in Distribution rationalization and strategic planning in EMEA
- Experience in owning a sales quota with a track record of high achievement through two tier partner community
- Experience and ability to forecast sales on a weekly basis
- Degree, MBA preferred
- Able to think strategically and to translate into measurable actions
- Ability to travel frequently
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal being to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sale of our products.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.