Engineering TAC - Replications
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The ETAC team is an exciting crossroads between TAC and Engineering. On any given day members of the team may provide training, assist a support engineer with a customer issue, replicate a complex issue in our lab, evaluate customer network design or help improve features for supportability and usability. We are a small global team and will only consider the top people from a support or engineering background. You must be good at working with customers and developers and have a broad technical background in telecommunications topics.
● Assist with build-outs & warm-handoffs of critical, round-the-clock replications
● Ground-up test-bed buildouts for individual customer environments/replications
● Contribute to the evolution of the lab environment
● Develop and deliver training material for TAC. Training is a key component of the day-to-day success of support. An ETAC engineer is responsible for staying up to date with technical details on Palo Alto Networks new products and industry in general and sharing those details with TAC via white papers, BBLs, or TOIs
● Ownership of critical issues. This doesn’t mean owning the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case the customer calls about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development engineering on a replication or verification and communicating updates
● Assisting with SW Acceptance Testing (PAN-OS, Content, etc.) as well as familiarity with the release processes.
● Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
● Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
● Must have a background in Technical Support
● Strong, hands-on emphasis on Network Design/Architecture
● Hands-on, Cross-Product/Platform proficiency with Cisco Routers/Switches (Nexus, etc.), Checkpoint, Juniper, Arista, F5 Networks, Citrix Netscaler, SafeNet, etc.
● Proficiency with various Test Platforms/Solutions, i.e. Ixia (BreakingPoint, IxLoad, IxNetwork), Spirent (Avalanche, CyberFlood, Test Center)
● Familiarity/Proficiency with various Open Source Test Tools & Network Emulators, etc., i.e. Tcpreplay, Iperf, Hping, GNS3, etc.
● Must be able to explain how the internet works in detail, end to end from the physical layer up to the application layer
● Familiarity with C and various scripting languages. You’re not applying to be a developer, but you should have some background in making and compiling from school or personal projects. Scripting in particular (Python, Expect/TCL, PHP, Shell Scripting, etc...), is useful in a replication role for task automation, data collection, etc.
● Strong technical skills in current Telecom technology, like dynamic routing protocols, security standards and knowledge, certificates, etc.
● Experience with VMware or other virtualization products &/or cloud infrastructure
● Understand how packets go through a box. The box shouldn’t be a “black box”, you should know what is happening to a packet at various stages and how that can impact problems
● Good communication skills. You’re not being hired to answer phone calls from the queue, but you will speak with customers from time to time as well as to developers and the rest of your team
Our Technical Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised — in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.