Channel Business Representative EEUR
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Channel Business Representative has the relationship management responsibility with a set amount of channel partners in a specific country, with the specific aim of gaining more commitment from the partners and providing support and enablement to allow those partners to become more competent and self-sufficient in building their Palo Alto Networks business practice.
You will be based in the local country, splitting time between being in the field and in the office. You would take direction from the Country or Regional Channel Manager. The Channel Business Representative ultimately gains more share-of-wallet with the Partners and ensure they are working dedicatedly with our Palo Alto Networks’ Field and Inside Sales teams to drive net-new business and incremental market share.
The Channel Business Representative will focus on delivering measurable results with the Partner(s) including increased Bookings, NextWave Partner Program compliance, and increased net-new customer acquisition through sales and marketing efforts. Put simply, the objective of this position is to grow Palo Alto Networks’ business inside the Partner(s) at the expense of our direct competitors.
- Work within and strategize with the Country channel business plan that will provide appropriate coverage, capacity, and competence to support the growth ambitions of the company
- Relationship management for a small set of the channel partners building a regular cadence of relationship tactics; responsible for “partner peering” exercises which allow Palo Alto Networks to have more relationships across the partner organization
- Work at a “deal level” in order to drive the Partner pipeline and to provide weekly tactical support on order processing and order management; ensure purchase orders flow through the partner and distributor in a timely manner according to Sales forecasts in SFDC
- Leverage local Distributors to build the business with the Partner in all aspects (training, enablement, marketing, sales, support, etc.)
- Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls from/to partners and make weekly onsite visits to Partner to identify sales opportunities, enable pipeline growth, and partner connectivity
- Review, monitor, share, and report on sales and product promotions, channel enablement tools, deal registration and partner contribution KPIs, and other channel priorities
- Work with Country leadership (Sales, SE, Marketing, Channel) in a collaborative manner to build Partner Business Plans. Ensure the right cross-functional and decision-making shareholders at the Partner are involved in the Business Plan process and sign-off on its approval
- Hold regular business planning sessions within channels in order to continually build our network within the partner
- Increase our influence within and across the partner organization; establish and develop broad, key partner management relationships
- Establish Palo Alto Networks as the standard and preferred enterprise security vendor and build achievements to measure success
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional shareholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Listen to Partner concerns, and share and communicate their needs to our internal teams
- Work with Partner(s) to ensure they are seeing an attractive and profitable business relationship with us
- Actively train and enable Partner(s)
- Product training; sales training; competitive positioning; Alliances leverage, etc.
- Actively work with the Partner(s) Inside Sales and Field Sales organizations to dedicatedly generate leads and to have Palo Alto Networks introduced to Partners’ customers and prospects
- Balance short term initiatives with longer term development
- Responsible for bringing vendor and partner sales organizations together for Account Mapping and Sales Alignment
- Work with Distribution on tactical deal-level pricing strategies for Partner(s)
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- 4-5 years of dynamic channel development experience
- 1-2 years’ experience working in channel organizations (Distributor or Partner/System Integrator) preferred
- Tangible track record of building channel business successfully in a fast-growing environment
- Excel reporting proficiency; able to build PowerPoint slide deck independently for presentation to management level audiences
- 4+ years in selling B2B, 3 years of related experience in a high-tech, fast paced company
- Strong proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Key relationships built at named Partner(s) and large systems integrators is a requirement
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills
- An understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of the named partners
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast-growing customer and prospect base
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, and pragmatic, with the urge to outperform
- Be naturally strategic as well as "hands-on" and able to tackle daily tactical problems
- Languages: Fluent Romanian and English
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated Systems Engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.