Associate Test Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks, we build the world’s most advanced cybersecurity platforms. The manufacturing operations team is responsible for the manufacturing capabilities to build our next-generation network firewalls. As a test engineer, you will be responsible for manufacturing test strategy and implementation in collaboration with our contract manufacturers and vendors, and work internally across different functional groups, from Supply Chain Operations to Product Development. You are someone who is highly technical and understand the underlying architecture of computer systems and networks. You have a systematic approach to problem-solving and won’t stop until the root cause is found and understood.
- Responsible for ensuring our products ship with the highest quality through extensive and complete testing
- Evaluate product designs for test coverage
- Design, develop and implement test strategies for new products
- Manage the development of test fixtures and hardware requirements
- Improve CM performance through iterative yield analysis and isolation of key failure manufacturing defects
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and leadership to a contract manufacturer (CM) on manufacturing failures
- Perform failure analysis, drive root cause activities and implement effective fixes across manufacturing and repair facilities
- Build and scale manufacturing lines and ensure the smooth operation of the test lines in manufacturing and repair
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, collaborate with supply chain and HW/SW engineering
- Strong electronics fundamentals in digital circuit design, computer architecture, failure analysis
- Familiarity with computer networks and protocols - TCP/IP, GNU/Linux tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- BS/MS in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Our test engineering team is at the core of our supply chain operations – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about how we manufacture our product and to do this efficiently. We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.