People Business Partner - Corporate & G&A
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the People Business Partner, you will be an integral part of the People Team providing expertise in people and organizations within our Corporate and G&A businesses. In this role you will anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions and lead programs that have a direct impact to the success of the organization.
If you are passionate about enabling organizations to more effectively achieve their business objectives and creating a workplace environment that’s a magnet for the industry’s best and brightest, this position is for you!
Reporting to Senior People Business Partners on the Corporate People team, in this role you will:
Support the Corporate functions (Marketing, Finance, IT, Legal and People) in two major areas-
- Design and deliver analytics and programs that inform and align to the business strategies,
and advance the people priorities
- Provide Business Partner support to client groups, to ensure we are optimizing individuals and teams as part of an integrated people plan and strategy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in the people function of a fast paced, top talent centered organization, in a role with heavy project management; background in Analytics or People Business Partner teams a plus
- Exemplify strong initiative and showcase your ability to work independently with limited direction, while having access to coaching to help you succeed
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Support the team in executing company-wide People programs and strategic projects
- focused on strengthening team member engagement, performance, manager effectiveness and team development
- Hone your already-strong communication skills, and support good change management through open, honest, and timely communication
- Experience in partnering effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders up to the executive level across all People functions (staffing, learning & development, operations, communications, etc.) and in the business functions
- Ability to lead and track multiple complex projects at the same time
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills, and ability to translate conceptual ideas into tangible results
- Strong negotiator and influencer towards the right people outcomes
At Palo Alto Networks, we hire the talent needed in today's marketplace and create an environment where each one shines. Our culture is the magic that makes us who we are and lets us work together in a way that creates an award-winning best place to work. As we grow the organization at high speed, the People Team is an integral part of that journey owning the way at every step.
We believe the only way we succeed is by working together in a way that aligns to our company's values and the expectations we've set for our People Team: Be visible; Innovate: Good ideas come from everywhere; Inspire one another to take risks and know we will fail at times; Disagree without being disagreeable and commit; Trust each other to be accountable and to do what we say we will do; Consult with objectivity and integrity; Support each other, have one another's back, and give feedback; Have fun - celebrate and be celebrated!
If you are passionate about enabling organizations to more effectively achieve their business objectives and creating a workplace environment that's a magnet for the industry's best and brightest, this position is for you!
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact us at email@example.com.