Senior Product Marketing Manager, Public Cloud Security
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Public Cloud Security, you will play a key role in providing product positioning and marketing information to our partners, customers, and our employees for the VM-Series next-generation firewall. You will drive the success of Palo Alto Networks cloud security offerings. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, redefining the future of cloud security. The position will lead efforts related to product positioning and messaging, thought leadership, target customer definition, competitive strategy and tactics, industry analyst engagement, media relations, channel engagement, and demand generation. You will need to know how to create compelling content to help customers understand our value proposition and define the right strategies to improve our sales teams.
Besides, you will work closely with Customers, Sales, Systems Engineers, and Support Engineers to enable and educate them on the product, as well as receive feedback. You'll also work closely with the rest of the PM team to make sure that feedback and gaps get addressed in the product. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, able to work independently and as a team, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed.
- Create compelling, highly differentiated product positioning and messaging with your team that evolves the cloud security category definition
- Collaborate with the campaign and programs team to drive a marketing strategy that meets or exceeds pipeline, bookings and conversion targets
- Consistently meet commitments with high-quality deliverables and scalable processes that can be sustained over time
- Participate in the development of sales enablement materials to arm the sales team with strategies and competitive intelligence that increase sales productivity and pipeline conversion
- Represent Palo Alto Networks externally at conferences and in customer meetings in a credible and compelling manner
- Support product launch activities and assist with trade shows, conferences, and technical sales training or channel partner training activities
- Work with product management and engineering to identify and close gaps in the product
- Create technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our cloud security products portfolio
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- Assist with Executive Briefing Center sessions related to cloud security in our headquarters
- Minimum 5-7 years of technical marketing or equivalent
- Deep understanding of networking, cloud security, public cloud platforms, security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation options
- In-depth knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Proven excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge for public cloud platforms across the world
- Experience with writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.