Specialist Systems Engineer - GPCS & Aperture, India & SAARC
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer Specialist – GPCS & Aperture, you will be the expert on our solution offerings comprising of Global Protect Cloud Services (GPCS) & Aperture.
You will be the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect baseline expertise in all areas from our
You will play a key role in creating solutions that will help drive the value of our next-generation security platform and simplify the effort to deploy these solutions:
- Work with our customer-facing sales teams (Systems Engineers and Account Executives), internal stakeholders (Product Management, Support, Marketing & others) to ensure that the solution work is aligned with our market goals and product capabilities and roadmaps.
- To present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy (from engineering team members to CIO) the solution, benefits,
- Produce enablement tools for use to educate the Systems Engineering community, as well as resolve our customer issues.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks offerings i.e. GPCS & Aperture
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to GPCS & Aperture
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Working with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for
rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities. The SES will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the country or region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- BSCS or equivalent and 7+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Security & technologies around the same
- Tunneling protocols such as SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation
- SD-WAN Architectures and providers
- Deep understanding of CASB solutions/technology
- Certificate Management
- Next Generation Firewall capabilities, configuration, and deployment
- Understanding of cloud i.e. IAAS / PAAS / SAAS
- PANOS knowledge will be advantages
- BS technical degree or equivalent Travel up to 50% within the designated region/country/ theater. International travel also required on an ad-hoc basis
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
Required Personal Skills
- Validated ability to work with small creative teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under stress
- Solid interpersonal skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
Your Preferred Experience
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a security solution, CASB solutions etc.
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, etc.: their creation and activation
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or